Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Lovers Gate

Okay so I wanted to post this the other day but I had SOOO much on my mind I couldn't even blog it!


I went for a loong walk a couple days ago, across town. I passed houses and signs I have never seen before. Stopped in little shops that I had no idea existed, places that i've driven by soo many times but never bothered stopping.


It got me thinking, Driving is so impersonal. I met people on my walk, offered to carry bags in for a old lady (who quickly declined) maybe it was just me being in the mood I was in...just so inspired by everything.

The weather was wonderful, not hot and not too cold. It was a perfect in-between that I wish I could find in other places.

On my adventure I stopped by The Lovers Gate

I am not sure how long its been there. I drove by it often but I never REALLY looked at what it was. Walking past it gave me the excuse to see what it was,

It's a heart shaped gate covered with heart shaped locks, There is a small metal plate that tells all about it.

It's been used for proposals. It has names of lovers engraved on the locks, the date they started dating, first kisses, it mentions the date a loved one died. some of the locks even have pictures of family members loved and lost. So many memories, thoughts, Ideas, so many beautiful things in one small space its strange.

On the front of the gate there is a simple phrase. "Hearts Together, Love Forever"


Seeing the gate and realizing what it was made me cry. I could feel how much love each lock holds and It made me miss Dustin. Having someone there... I know he wasn't right for me...Because if we were meant to work out it should have. I screwed up. I've said it on here a thousand times. Keepig tally?

I have come to realize that i'm young. I am just starting my life and that leaves me plenty of time to fall in love, to fall out of love. To break hearts (not on purpose) and be Heartbroken. I want to one day , stand at the fence (or another just like it, I hear they are around the world) and add Me and My future boyfriend, and eventually Husband to the gate. To let people see that Love can overcome all obstacles..

My walk home was the most wonderful thing i've had in months, I really had time to pick through my brain and think about everything that was worrying me. I just realized that although some things in my life arent working out...There are more things going right then wrong.

I Have a really nice apartment,
A wonderful Roomate.
Amazing friends that will do anything for me,
Two amazing jobs,
A working car,
A new roomate coming saturday!
I have food...most of the time :)
A wonderful family... Though most of them aren't ACTUAL blood family

I will start being more greatful for everything.

I know its late to start New Years Goals but mine are ;
Get in Shape!
Be more Postive
Dance Like no ones watching
Be myself...NO matter what,
Help people out more


Oh! Random thought!

I looked at my Blog viewings and it says people from around the world have stopped by my blog, Its cool to see how detailed it is, though most of the "Blog Views" are from myself re-reading over them.
I want my blog seen more, though most is just whining.

If you live in my town, go find The Lovers Gate. If you dont. Then e-mail me and I will send you plenty of pictures I took of it. Research it and see if there is one in your town. Its worth it.


Thank you for reading,
I check up on all your blogs just so you know, so KEEP POSTING!

I remain Inspired, Thankful, Blessed, and... GAY!! ;)

Joshwah

No comments:

Post a Comment